Monday, March 7, 2011

Shooting a Feature Film- Do You Like My Basement-Director's Blog

So, I am beginning principal photography for the film "Do You Like My Basement," and I am quite excited about this production. It is a suspense, horror, thriller and my first-I'm a virgin to this type of acting. Never saw myself doing this type of work before now. The auditions proved intense. I spent 3 hours prior prepping for the auditions, going so deep into my hurt, my pain that I had a head ache from crying! I gave myself a 30 minute break before auditioning so that I wouldn't look like Mike Tyson before going into the audition. So the prep worked well. A couple of weeks ago, the director brought me in to do some shoots in preparation for this weeks shoots. And I had to dig deep all over again. I tell you what- you can't "call in" this type of work. You really have to be living in the moment. I had to appear desperate, frightened, tired and more...it will pay off in the end, I think, I did a great job. We'll shall soon see.

Since, I was mentioned in my Director's Blog, (about the pre-shoot), thought I'd add his to mine. Read if you want...and Stay tuned for shooting day, blogs. I believe they will go well.

http://limeyfilmsonline.com/?q=content/do-you-my-basement-production-fully-and-running

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List