Thursday, July 31, 2014

Where Social Activism Meets Art: My God, The Creator and Me.

You've probably already heard that I am writing/directing a documentary with a dear friend of mine KT Nelson, but if you haven't it's called, Face of Darkness- Journey to Healing.

I always know when I am working on a God project.  He gives me something to do; I mean a really grand idea, that I have absolutely NO experience with.  Then, as I am doing it, seemingly the blind leading the blind...He takes the blinders off and shows me how He has been with me all along, leading me every step of the way through it's creation.  By the end of every milestone, I can take NO credit for the successes.  But, He's so thoughtful, that He allows me to receive the credit, little awards in his honor, that really showcases me and not Him at all.  When I notice what He's done...I just shake my head and smile.  I thank Him for growing me in my creativity, my exposure and enlarging my border.  I thank Him for helping me to become the best creator (in his image and likeness), the best director, and producer, that I can be. 

My process has been interesting.  God always uses my creative abilities and uses them while interestingly mixing them with experiences I've lived through to tell about Him and His goodness.  He's a creator and made me in His image, therefore I create.  I've promised to do His will and therefore I tithe my God given talents to Him and I try to live as a witness for Him!

That's what I've been doing with this project Face of Darkness - Journey to Healing.  The objective was to create a film, yes.  But one that helps to heal, motivate and inspire people through and to God. 


In the video below, my partner and I discuss what drew us to do this project.  Our personal experiences with mental illness and how God is using us to spread his healing love!

Check out the Interview on The Positive Controversy with Kristen Pope.


Black Men: Mental Illness, Depression and Suicide (Episode 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List